Sunday, December 14, 2008

Day 11 - Same Card, New Twist!

If you visit my blog often, you then already know how I like to use the same layout and mix it up a bit by changing paper, ink colors or embellishments. Why reinvent the wheel when you can get on a good roll with one good idea, right? Today’s card, Amethyst Glitz, is a twist on yesterday’s Kiwi and Red Christmas card idea, only I made the wheeled pattern a bit stronger, used chalk pastels, sponge daubers and versamark ink to colorize the tree and snowflake. I cheated on ribbon useage by doing a smaller bow, added some scallops to the bottom of my framed panel and made the tree sparkle by randomly dotting 2-way glue and adding some lavender Cosmo glitter. The color combinations used are: Whisper White, Certainly Celery and Orchid Oppulence CS. The wheel is So Swirly and the stamp set is Snow Swirled, my Christmas favorite. For the verse, I used Orchid Oppulence Ink and Certainly Celery was used for wheeling. To add vibrant edging, I used Tempting Turquoise to make the white panel stand out and spattered Celery, Turqouise and Orchid markers over the white background using the Color Spritzer tool. All of these products are available on my Stampin’ Up!® website!

No comments: