Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Day 22 (countdown)- Making Vintage Photo Angel Ornaments

Here is another craft idea to turn your child’s photo into a treasured ornament for your tree. Using my template I created, I stamped, embossed and distressed the paper pieces, assembled with Glue Arts Glue Ring Adhesive and Micro Adhesive squares. I cut an appropriate sized photo (leaving the hair and neck so I would have a way to attach this to the body). I created the halo from wire and two prima flowers glued back-to-back. The stamp set used is Joyeaux Noel from Inque Boutique/Darice. The NOEL message was attached using scored pieces of cardstock hung over knotted hemp. I attached it to the hands by wadding up a small piece of the adhesive square and attaching it to the back of the knot. The pretty layered, glitter flower is from Making Memories’ Noteworthy collection. If you are interested in the template, email me or leave me a comment along with your email so I can send it to you! Happy Holiday Crafting!!! Now I have to get busy on one for Ashley, my oldest daughter. This is our daughter, Kylie, 13.

No comments: