Thursday, July 31, 2008

“Tray” Elegance

This summer I have definitely stepped out of my scrap & stamp comfort zone into uncharted territories trying new projects and techniques that I have never tried before and even coming up with a few new ones of my own...which I will share in some upcoming posts.

If you are looking for a gift idea for the holidays, now is a great time to get started on some projects. This is a b&w wooden tray that I made for my mother-in-law for Mother’s Day. I primed, painted and sanded it. Then I embossed stamps from Inque Boutique’s Arabesque stamp set, designed by my friend Susan Stringfellow. The corner elements and medallion where just perfect for this project. I handcut the elements out and arranged them on the tray and used Modge Podge to adhere them. I used a couple coats of varnish on top to seal it.  I tied some ribbons to the handles for a finishing touch. For additional photos, you can check out my Inque gallery. If I can do this, so can you!

2 comments:

Susan Stringfellow said...

Ok you know I love this one! I just really love the way you did the black and white. And thanks for the nice words about my stamps because I am in awe of your stamps all the time!

Melissa Bove said...

You know I love this one too! It looks so gorgeous!! Hugs..