Friday, May 29, 2009

May God Bless You...


I first bought this set with the intention to use it for making cards for my small Confirmation group at Church. Since then, I have discovered it can be used for so many other wonderful greetings besides the Catholic sacraments, i.e. Get Well, Thinking of You, Loss of Job, Sympathy. Since this In Color cardstock and ink will soon be retiring, I wanted to share this with you. It, too, follows the rule of my last post, White plus one color. Stamps, ribbon, embossing powder and inks from Stampin' Up! The stamp set is called Special Blessings. I used white taffeta ribbon and embossing powder. My scoring blade on my trimmer enabled me to make a smooth fold to the left of the bird stamp. I drug the edge over a VersaMark pad and embossed in white to add color and texture. I used my rectangle punch to add ribbon prior to mounting it on white layer. I used Glue Arts High Tac adhesive and a strip of ribbon adhesive for the foldover flap. The wheel is Always in Bloom. Since there is no Baja Breeze ink cartridge, I simply ran the wheel over my Baja Breeze ink pad and rolled onto card edge. Tip: Make sure you ink well so it appears evenly, and as always, begin off edge of CS and continue off top edge. I am sure you know someone who could use God's blessing today!

1 comment:

Julie said...

I love your concept of white plus one color. It is perfect for beginner stampers who have limited supplies. It's also a great tip for beginner demos like myself!

I found your blog through your post on splitcoast on Facebook. Love the inspiration!!