Thursday, February 4, 2010

Valentine Publication Alert!





















If you are a subscriber to Cardmaker Magazine, you may have caught this project of mine published in the January 2010 issue as a bonus web project. The Love You Beaded Heart card was one I originally created for my DH and recreated, since the background paper was no longer currently available. (Hint: I sponged Pretty in Pink ink on the background of Whisper White CS to give it that light pink color, then used Chocolate chip ink and dots stamps to create the pattern - easy peasy!) Some other tips: I made the pocket of Regal Rose CS by scoring and folding. For added interest I scored a few nore lines across the pocket. Other stamps used are from an eclectic mix of sets. Check out Cardmaker for a complete list of supplies used on this card creation.

You know I have a second love affair with the colors pink and brown, but HUSH, don't tell my hubby, he might get jealous! So if today, you find yourself staring at a blank piece of chipboard, pull out beads, buttons and glitter and get busy decorating that blank canvas. Then use it as inspiration for a card or scrapbook layout. Happy Crafting!

3 comments:

Melissa Bove said...

Wow! That card is gorgeous Cheri!! Congrats on getting it published!!

Diana said...

Oh, love this beauty Cheri! Pink and brown is yummy! Congrats on the cardmaker publish! I too was in that issue! Thanks for following my project 365! Yes, what a different a day can make. 80 degrees in Ft. Lauderdale to 6" of snow in KC!

BethBlancDesigns said...

That is super cute Cheri! You are so darn creative!