Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I've Been Buzzing Around Lately

As moms we typically know how to master the art of multi tasking, but during volleyball season, this skill is taken to new levels. I juggle designing, self promotions, updating my blog, creating projects, photographing and posting photos, prepping for classes, completing design team assignments, oh and in my spare time attending all my girls games, doing the usual household things, handling Team Mom responsibilities and volunteering for project Graduation Golf Tournament. Phewww! Exhausing, yes, but on some days it is very exhilarating! Last night it was laying out the graphics until 2 am to create posters for the varsity team so I can cut all the vinyl and the girls can assemble them at a team bonding get together. This is truly living life creatively to the fullest extent!

So with all this buzzing about, I wanted to make you aware of a cool new art community called  CreatingTheHive.com - Arts & Crafts Community. Go check it out and you can become one of my followers or add yourself as a member. I was excited that yesterday they chose my Bleach & Embossing “how to” as a featured blog post. This was very exciting! It is a great way to meet other crafters from artists to seamstresses, from cardmakers to jewelry makers, artisans of all kind! And you may be surprised by the inspiration that you find there. You can click on the hive graphic in the right column or the link in this post.

Speaking of beeing a busy bee, I am headed to the Marriott Orlando Airport Hotel with Glue Arts to teach a 4 Seasons Canvas Display class featuring Bo Bunny’s Olivia Collection (which I love so much for its versatility) and of course my favorite adhesives from Glue Arts.

  


For this project I use their Glue Glider™ Pro with choice of extreme adhesive or high tac along with mini/reg. size adhesive squares. Here is a photo of the project. I am sure the instructions will soon be appearing on Glue Arts’ website. They are featured in this order: Spring, Summer, Fall then Winter.
I found the mini canvases and easels at Joanns. Right now with their coupon commotion you can get them at 40% off! The layered snowflakes are Sizzix™ diecuts. This is a fun and easy gift, great for placesettings, home decor and self promotion.

No comments: