Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A Perfect Pick from my Paper Pumpkin Patch



O.K. Crafters, try and say that phrase several times in a row! LOL! Just had to add a little humor and fun to this post. So by now, that perfectly carved Halloween pumpkin probably looks like a 2 week old refrigerator specimen or possibly your beautifully decorated masterpiece looks better suited for the retirement home than as a door step decoration. If this is the case, I have the perfect solution, just in time for your Thanksgiving festivities! Check out this cool Pumpkin Candy Dish creation I made from a clay pot, paper bag and a CD. It took some paint, papers, floss, buttons, pipe cleaners, leaves and Glue Arts adhesives to totally complete the look, but what a cheerful and functional pumpkin it turned out to be! Use this as a table decoration, fill with nuts or candies, and when it is time to store it away for next year, simply stuff some tissue paper between the paper pieces to prevent it from getting scrunched! If you would like to know how I created this project, send me an email!

2 comments:

Diana said...

Fabulous project. Way to go!

Kathie McGuire said...

Oh this is fabulous!! I just discovered your blog thru Scrapbooking.com's newsletter. My blog kicked off this feature of their newsletter long ago. I'd love to know how you did the pumpkin project. It's just spectacular!! www.kathiemcguire.com www.kathiemcguire.blogspot.com
(PS~tried to email you but couldn't so I thought I'd try here. Thanks so much!!)