Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Day 2 - Gettin’ Digi for Christmas

This tired little elf has to draw the line at how many handmade Christmas cards she can make. We have lived in too many places, made so many wonderful friends that how can we choose who would get cut from the Christmas card list. My solution...a Christmas E-Newsletter with pictures and a brief update. This way we can update our friends on all the latest events of the year and share some pictures of the highlights. Dan, my DH, took this amazing picture of our house lit up for the holidays, and I just had to include it in the card/newsletter. It also features pictures of Ashley & Kylie, my two girls, my niece Lauren, our sweetie Wheatie Bella, our family picture from my parent’s 50th anniversary party and a great group shot with my parents, my gang, my aunt, my cousins and their kids from our summer reunion in Orlando...always a fun time for all. All the digital goodies and papers are from Scrapgirls.com, my favorite digital scrapbooking site. 

I am happy to announce one great benefit of Kylie’s food allergies and our dietary changes has been meeting and exceeding my weight goal set in January. Yay, me! Also, some career changes have allowed me to spend more time with my girls which is priceless to me. Although 2008 has been filled with heartache over illness of family members, friends and my immediate family, we have all pulled through and are looking forward to happier times in 2009! I am ever grateful for the support of my family and friends who lifted me up when the going got tough. I just can't imagine a life not being close to one’s family, not having a closeness with God or not having friends to lean on. So if I count up those things that have graced my life this past year, I feel very well blessed! For all my blog friends who I have yet to get to know, may you have a very Merry Christmas and a New Year filled with many blessings, too!

No comments: