Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Love - buttoned up no more!

I wanted to show that you don’t have to spend a lot of time to create a great card. This card is called “Buttoned Up Love”. 

Sometimes simple is good. Here I used a gorgeous red patterned paper from Stampin’ Up!®’s Bella Rose Designer Paper pack, some green galore CS for the button and Whisper White for the background and layer. Using a Pink Passion, Real Red and Green Galore marker, I colorized the wishy graphic and verse from A Happy Heart set to give a multi-color look. I worked from light to dark by coloring the Pink Passion first and adding darker red accents over top. This gives the stamping more interest. I used my Sizzix® Big Kick with the Buttons #5 die to create the paper button. I left this really plain and simple...no extra ribbons or floss, brads or other embellishments. I just let the bold colors pop. If you don't own a diecutting machine, substitute a large button in the corner. All adhesives were from Glue Arts!

So, don't be intimidated to make a card, just try something plain and simple today. You may end up loving it!

1 comment:

Lindsay Weirich said...

very sweet, And I have that button die (looks great with velor paper BTW!)