Saturday, July 31, 2010

A Layout Appearing at CHA

This is a design team project I created for Glue Arts using canvas creatively with their new Extreme adhesive products launched at Summer CHA. It is presently on display at the show!


I decided to create a wall hanging scrapbook layout for my office of my niece Lauren. Since she has on a leopard print bathing suit, I wanted to play on lots of texture and use earthy shades like teal, green and brown with the white contrast. To make the texture on my canvas sheet, I used Stampin’ Up!’s new embossing folder that I tried out at my demo friend Ree’s house during one of our stamping “play dates”. I loved how it accentuated the texture of the canvas. See the detail, here..


Next, I applied pigment inks to bring out the embossing and used some of my smaller Cuttlebug Fancy Corner embossing folders for the smaller canvas tiles.  I also rubbed some of the brown ink over the textured Core’dinations cardstock used in the background. Check out Glue Arts’ website for the step-by-step instructions!

No comments: