Monday, January 3, 2011

Project 365 Challenge: Day 2/A Card Made with Leftovers



Leftovers are a popular thing around the holidays and for day 2’s project, I got a head start by using some of the squares left over from yesterday’s scrapbook layout. I also used digital leftovers that I set up and printed out previously for the framed verse. The artwork is from my Elegant Color Frames and Elegant Verses 1 sets for sale at mygrafico.com.





I have found it very liberating to not worry about creating projects only with "currently available" products. The flower stamp is an old favorite retired stamp from Stampin’ Up!®, the patterned papers are from Me and My Big Ideas. The buttons are from an old assortment bag from Foof-a-la. The solid papers are from The Paper Co. and the mini adhesive pearls are from Michaels’ Recollections collection. 

For this project I used Extreme adhesive squares from Glue Arts to quickly attach the 1" squares and the mini adhesive squares to attach all the buttons. For all the other layers, I used my trusty Glue Glider™Pro with high tac adhesive. The border accent was created using Martha Stewart’s Scallop Dot border punch punched along the bottom of the ivory frame and for some texture I wrapped some light green Scrappers Floss from Karen Foster Designs into a bow with a tiny button in the center.

Today’s project (Day 3) was a doozey! A huge endeavor I have been wanting to tackle for over a year. Check out the blog tomorrow to see what I have created! Come get inspired to live your life creatively.

No comments: