Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Project 365 Challenge/ Day 44 - Valentine Love Folio

At first when I spied these folios in Staples, I thought about making a jumbo size card to put 
inside, but then I had a different plan in mind for my husband’s Valentine’s Day Gift. 
I still have an IOU out on that gift so I can’t share right now what I planned to put inside, 
but he is going to use it to store some assorted prints he has of the girls.  


The collage at the bottom is made up of some of the things he loves...cycling (chipboard 
from Crate Paper’s Restoration collection), Family (this stamp image and the love one 
are from K&Company Que Sera, Sera clear stamps) and the beach (a retired shell stamp, 
blender pens and markers from Stampin’ Up!® - also the embossed heart die used 
on two hearts is from SU!). I decorated the folio further using border stickers, 
CS matts and cut outs (like the pretty flower) from the beautiful papers in Crate 
Paper’s Restorations collection. For adhesive, I used my Glue Glider Pro with 
high tac adhesive along with some micro extreme adhesive squares for 
the buttons and some U Cut It foam to raise up the white heart die cut.

A closer view of the bottom stamping, die cuts, etc.


Just think of ways that you can use this same folio concept to create great gifts for 
other occasions. It would make a great teacher appreciation gift with cards or 
drawings inside from the class or it also would make for a fun way of 
presenting a gift certificate to a boss or co-worker! 


My challenge to you today is to find an ordinary office supply 
and turn it into something creative!
Live Life Creatively!

No comments: