Saturday, January 15, 2011

My Favorite Winter Layouts created in 2010

Our winter trip to Philly provided me with lots of creative inspiration and the photos to go along with it...many of which became the subject of scrapbook layouts last year. LOL, I am still scrapping the stack of photos now, playing catch up, It is hard to get motivated to scrap winter photos in the summer in Florida. Hope you enjoy and get some inspiration from these.

Cousins Warm Up

I really loved the Happy Meter stamp that I purchased one day in the dollar bin.
I knew it was just perfect for this layout of cousins Kai and Lauren, who despite
the weather and not seeing one another that often, warmed up to winter fun.
Tip: Have a favorite paper that has large dots? Try cutting around them
to create a fun paper edge on your next scrapbook page.







My Snow Dan

One very fun technique to try out on this layout is using a versamarker
and embossing powder to create snowy chipboard layers. I also
had fun cutting snowflakes from paper and felt, layering them with a brad.
Have multiple photos of the same subject? Try angling on your layout
with one long frame as I did here. I used fun metal corners from Karen 
Foster Design to highlight the close up photo of my husband, Dan.



Snow Beautiful

This was created in a hotel room at CHA last year with limited tools and supplies on hand.
I created the title by hand by tearing paper and coloring the edge of the snowball with a pencil. 
I hand drew the letters and cut them out. I also created the torn paper flower embellishments.
This was the definition of creativity on the fly!







Oh Snow Cute, Kai

This is a double page layout I created using the colors in Kylie's outfit
as the basis for my layout. I loved working with the velvety papers
and sticking to high contrast colors and using neutral grey with 
punches of red as the accent color. The title on this continues across
the 2 page spread. I added journaling in my own handwriting.







No comments: