Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Project 365/Day 10 - Snowman Container

Have you ever shopped the after Christmas or pre-Christmas sales on holiday items and purchased items with the intention of using them next year or thinking to yourself, “Wow, I can use that on a future project!”
Well, that has happened to me...yup, a lot in fact. But I have to say, that I do really do use my bargain finds.

This time, I got to use one of my purchases right away. From the first moment that I looked at the Wintertime Collection by Bella Road from Echo Park Paper Co., I knew it would be absolutely perfect to pair up with my recently purchased snowman ornament. So for my first January Design Team project for Glue Arts I transformed this shaker box into a whimsical snowman container.

In light of the snowy weather blanketing the nation, I thought it was a very appropriate choice. The fringe on the base was created easily using my new fringe scissors from Martha Stewart that I snagged on sale at JoAnns. For instructions on this crafty winter project, check out Glue Arts blog for a post with a complete supply list and instructions. My challenge to you today is to transform an old or newly purchased ornament into something fun!


3 comments:

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

This is awesome Cheri! Gorgeous!! Love it!

Hope all is well!!

Hugs...

Cheri Wenger said...

Thanks...I was thinking of you while making this and all your fabulous boxes!

Cheri Wenger said...

Thanks, Melissa!