Thursday, January 20, 2011

Project 365/Day 20 - Triple Heart Photo Valentine

When you get a project idea you like, why not make more, right? I have to say that my day 18 project prompted me to create more personalized photo valentines this year. This one is for my daughter Kylie. I have also really been taking advantage of rummaging through my scraps to create new cards from left over embellishments and papers. I used papers from an old Basic Grey mini stack along with some retired SU sheer organdy ribbon along with an epoxy sticker from KI Memories.

You can frame your photo, use it on a corner as I did here or punch it into a shape to add to the Valentine. I am putting my valentine’s greeting on the inside of my cards and focusing on making the outside all about the recipient. Have fun trying this...you can even make it into a mini scrapbook page!

Technique to try out: Want to create a crinkled vintage looking ribbon? Use your embossing heat tool with sheer organdy ribbon. Hold it close to the ribbon and watch it shrivel up. Don’t go too close or it will burn.

1 comment:

Melissa Bove said...

Gorgeous! Your daughter(s) are even more gorgeous!!